Artist (b. 1984, UK)
My work focuses on biology and the natural sciences, in a drive to understand the weave and weft of the world around us. I enjoy working with recycled materials, textiles and digital to recreate, mimic and dissect the substance of scientific phenomena. My artistic creations express the multiple relationships I have with matter and are an exploration and documentation of the natural world. I have developed an interest and have found artistic inspiration in the structure of micro-organisms and the way we view them, in particular the use of Dark-field microscopy. My recent work has focused on textile recreation and digital adaption, creating my own micro-structures and compositions.
More about me:
- Associate Artist with Cross Street Arts since 2016 and Wigan STEAM since 2020.
- Founder of Artist Discussion – A peer support online group for Artists of all creative backgrounds.
- Creative, digital and story-telling workshop facilitator with more than 13 years of experience.
- Graduated with an Art History BA (Hons) from The Open University in 2014.
- D:Circus Digital Art Project Coordinator from 2016 to 2019.
- Full-time Digital Inclusion, Research and Engagement Lead Officer.
- Digital Her Real Role Model with Manchester Digital since 2019.